Thursday, September 23, 2010

:Sadie+ Brynlee + Bella|Wausau Pet Photographer:

This photo was taken on Monday.  Monday evening was the day we laid our dear sweet Sadie to rest.
Sadie was an English Mastiff in its truest form.  She slobbered, she was big and meaty, she loved people, and she'd do anything to protect her family.  Sadie was my husband and my first pet together.  She came to us from his parents, whom were taking care of her as a result of her original owners no longer being able to care for her.  To us, {and her}she fit best in our home.  She had more patience with my kids than I do somedays.  She was kind.  She was in love with my husband.  I was in love with her.  She will be missed.  She is pain free now.  It's my belief that she is up in doggy heaven playing with our other girl {her half sister} Brynlee.

That's right, we had another Mastiff that was put down prior to Miss Sadie.  Her name was Brynlee, she was my baby.....they had the same mother and very similar health problems.  Brynlee being 3 years younger had way more health problems.  A litter that never should've been, is what I will call the litter that Brynlee came from.  A breeder who claimed to be about the dogs, but continued trying to breed after the bitch didn't take not once but 3 times.  I pray that we are the only family that received dogs from this breeder with severe health problems.  I pray that someone else didn't just have to explain to their 2 1/2 year old where his dog went.  I pray that other families aren't spending the thousands of dollars we did trying to help Sadie + Brynlee's brothers and sisters.   These two amazing girls (one 18 months, the other 7 years) are proof that just because the dog costs more, doesn't mean you're geting a high quality dog. 

After Brynlee's death, I searched for hours to find a dog that was similar to her.  After 300 dogs or so, I found Bella.  Bella is from Georgia.  Bella's people parents were simply two Mastiff owners who decided to have a litter.  They aren't "breeders" in the true sense.   And my Bella Baxley Bleu, does not have health issues.  She shares the well-mannered temperment that Sadie + Brynlee did.  She is all Mastiff.  She thinks she's a pig sometimes, or at least she really likes to lay in the mud. She is goofy, she is clumsy, + she will not walk anywhere she thinks she may not fit. She is proof that champion bloodlines, and ridiculously expensive dogs{she cost significantly less than the other 2} are not necessarily the "cream of the crop".   To all 3 of my {English}Mastiff girls.....I love you, thank you for being big, for drooling all over my house, and for loving my family and sharing whatever amount of time you did/will with us.
Bella @32 months

No comments:

Post a Comment